Saturday, June 12, 2004

Does my husband think I secretly long to be a long-haul trucker

So, over the course of 9 days I put around 3500 miles on my car driving the girls from Virginia to Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas and back to Illinois to visit every single person that could even remotely be considered family. Leaving them in Illinois to spend 2 weeks with husband's mother and sister. Sweet freedom! And sweet ability to get some things done like painting and hanging window treatments.

Or, so I thought.

Husband thinks that after all that sitting on my ass in the car which included a very grueling hair-on-fire drive back home in order to stand in line for 6.5 hours to pay our respects to President Reagan at the Capitol, that it would be fun to get in the Tahoe and just drive up the east coast. Maybe to Canada. Why would I want to get back in a vehicle? And, why in the hell would I want to go to Canada?

But, it appears we are going to do just that. Husband is at the AAA office right now picking up maps and tour books.

If he brings home a Canada tour book, I am going to hit him with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Food Whore said...

Ah, yes. The mentality of husbands. Their logic was all written in secret code. ;)

6/15/2004 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home