Thursday, June 17, 2004

Vermont - is that an Indian word for Oh-my-God-I-have-died-and-gone-to-epicurean-Heaven?

So, we took the ferry and bid farewell to New York and said hello to Vermont. No offense to those who love New York state - but it was a fond farewell.

We departed the ferry and decided to stop at a little roadside snack bar/gift shop to find out what "Red Hots" are. We had seen signs for them all day and kept asking each other what that were just in case it came to the other in a vision since the last time we asked. They are basically chili dogs. A rather anti-climactic answer in my opinion. I don't know what I was waiting for, but chili dogs wasn't it.

Since we were already out of the Tahoe we decided to wander into the gift shop and pick up some authentic Vermont Maple Syrup just in case we didn't see any in the rest of the state.

Husband is very fond of the flavor of maple, so we meandered through the rather high-priced gift shop picking up various maple-flavored items. Yeah, they saw us coming.

I was intrigued by the Maple Hickory Smoked Cheese that husband selected, so we opened it right there in the parking lot.

OH!

MY!

GOD!!!!!

I am pretty sure this is the cheese served at the reception once you make it through the Pearly Gates.

I had glorious dreams about the cheese that night.

Mmmmm... cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home