Saturday, June 19, 2004

The epicurean fantasy continued

After we left the state house, we decided to get some lunch before hitting the road to Boston.

The security guard at the state house told us that the New England Culinary Institute operated two restaurants and a bakery in Montpelier.

Say no more!

The Main Street Grill and Bar was a few blocks from the state house, so we chose to walk and take in a few more historic sites.

Our timing was perfect as we only had to wait about 5 minutes for an outdoor table.

The only complaint I had about the place was it was too hard to decide what to order. Husband saw the word "maple" on the menu, so his decision was easy - cider-maple roasted turkey sandwich.

I couldn't decide between the grilled portabello mushroom reuben, the grilled chicken on onion flatbread or the roasted tomato and basil panini. I did what I had to do.

Eenie, meenie, miney mo. The panini, accompanied by a white bean Mediterranean salad, it was.

I have eaten as some amazing establishments in my life, but this place tops them all. I almost licked my plate to get every last morsel.

We reluctantly bid farewell to Vermont's capitol but vowed to return again very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home