Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Not enough Vicks Vapor Rub on the planet

So, late this morning I walked into the girl's study/play room to measure for the umpteenth time their window so I could order a shade. It gets blazing hot in there in the afternoon thanks to the afternoon sun. When I opened the door I thought it smelled a little foul. By the time I got over by the window I was about to gag from the horrid stench!

But, I had to figure out where the smell was coming from. It was especially strong near the area were the two Rubbermaid totes holding their stuffed animals and blankets were.

Oh goodness. What have they done!?

I picked up a stuffed animal and sniffed it.

Okay. Clearly there is something in the totes that reeks.

Before continuing on, I decided to dab some Vicks Vapor Rub under my nose. I don't stomach putrid smells very well normally. The migraine I've had since Sunday, though a mild one certainly made it worse.

I started sorting through the two totes and everything in both of them reeked to the high Heavens.

And I dabbed on a little more Vicks.

Then I found the offending items. Two sippy cups with rotting milk that was leaking out.

A mad dash to the bathroom for some gagging and a big glob of Vicks.

Then downstairs for gloves, a trash bag and the super-sized bottle of bleach.

everything plastic and all baby and Barbie dolls went into a tub with scalding hot water and much bleach.

Oddly enough, the hair on "pretty brown baby dolls" does not bleach. Huh. I thought sure they would come out with really bad bleach jobs.

Cardboard books - thankfully only 3 - into the trash along with the offensive cups.

The stuffed animals and blankets got washed.

Twice. Just to be on the safe side.

The two totes got a nice dousing of hot water and bleach themselves.

Twice.

Then it hit me. I don't normally give the girls sippy cups. They are big girls now. So, unless we are going somewhere they drink out of cups sans lids.

Ewww... that meant the milk must have been from Sunday when husband was in control because I was trying to get the migraine under control with a hefty does of Fiornal and Phenergan.

Just thinking about it makes me want to dab some more Vicks under my nose.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home